Friday, August 19, 2016

I got to find a great perhaps

August 19, 2016
What happens when nobody comes for a tour..
 

Today we went golfing. I didn't know what I was doing...
 
 
"Sister Pugmire you're like....mother earth."
-Sister Chapman 




Hello!

So, this will be quick, I've used up all my time already...
 
We had a district meeting and I asked all of the sisters to pick one word, and then share a spiritual insight/experience related to the word. 
 
 
My word was "perhaps." My favorite book is Looking For Alaska. In it, the main character searches out the last words of famous people. His favorite last words are, "I go to find a great perhaps." I love this so much. We don't know what lies ahead, we don't know what our future holds, but we continue forward to go to find it. There is a lot of humility in the word 'perhaps.' Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I don't know. Perhaps things will work out. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. I love it. 
 
We also discussed the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law. There are things we are asked to do that don't really matter independently, but we do them to get to where we need to be. I wrote on a whiteboard (pic attached) to try to illustrate this point. My analogy was that LOVE/CHARITY is Disneyland. The other things, especially at the bottom, are just road signs to get to Disneyland. We can do all the things we are "supposed" to do, but if we don't love it doesn't really matter...Sometimes we follow all of the road signs, we live the letter of the law, and then just to sit in the Disneyland parking lot. We have to remember what's really important.
 
Well, I love you all! Have a fantastic week! Never forget to love those who seem unlovable, and to connect with those who seem infinitely distant. 
♥Sister Pugmire

1 comment: