Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Where you invest your love, you invest your life

March 14, 2016

Some photos of me and my other half feat. Fight the New Drug shirts
Hello everyone!!!

 


 



 

 
 I have been transferred to the Harrisonburg 1st ward and I am loving every second of it! Here's the low down:



-I am in a trio with sister Erickson and sister Morris!! HOLLA! They are both from Utah, and easily have all of my weaknesses as strengths.

Talk about a power companionship.

-We are white washing the area, meaning all three of us are new to the area. Ah!!

-Our ward boundaries are huge, and we have been given a jeep. A JEEP.

We are loving the off-roading too much already.

-We are in the "mountains" of Virginia. I call them hills, but they are still beautiful.

-We are kind of in the country AKA the people here are soooo nice. SO NICE. More on that later.

-We have seen so many miracles, and haven't even been here a week.

-We arrived on Tuesday night, just in time to attend the Relief Society birthday dinner. It was fun, and a great way to get to know the ward! Afterwards, we went to visit a potential investigator the previous elders had set an appointment with. Her name is Nancy, and she is amazing. We taught her, talked with her, and set her on date to be baptized. She opened right up to us, and we walked out of there with huge smiles on our faces.



-We met an amazing man named Brandon, who doesn't live in our area but accepted a Book of Mormon and gave us his information so we could refer him to his local missionaries!!

-We parked right next to a man named Larry, who was waiting for his clothes outside the Laundromat. Sister Morris looked at him and asked, "Do you like to read?" We gave him a Book of Mormon, and asked if he knew anything about our religion. He stated that he knew enough to know he didn't want to be a part of it, and after hearing that I figured things wouldn't go anywhere. But my companions, being better than I am, did not give up so easily. After explaining the Book of Mormon, and talking about God, he opened up to us and told us some of his incredible life story. He accepted the invitation to read the Book of Mormon, and to pray about it. We then went to see the person we had planned to, but they weren't home. We walked back to the car, and he exclaimed, "You caught me!" There was Larry, sitting there with an open Book of Mormon in his hands. I could have cried right then and there. We have all of his information, and cannot wait to follow up on his reading. :) -We went to visit a recent convert, and ended up meeting his friend from Honduras!! We talked for a awhile, and on Sunday he came to her Spanish Branch!!! So amazing!

-We met Natalia and Bonnie. Cutest people ever! We were knocking on the door of an investigator, when Natalia got home and walked into the apartment next door. The person we were trying to see wasn't home, and Sister Morris asked if we wanted to knock Natalia's door to talk to her/see if they knew the neighbor's schedule. Despite my nervousness, we did it. And I'm so glad we did. We were there for a couple hours, just talking about life, forgiveness, Jesus Christ, love etc... I love them so much.



The coolest thing is most of the people we met this week were met because we were on our way to see someone else. It is so cool to know that we were continually put in the right place, at the right time. I always assume that people don't want to talk with us, and that as missionaries we are a burden, but I have been proven so wrong.
Everyone we have talked to has been kind and lovingit's so amazing!!


This week I've been thinking about the atonement, and how it means at-one-ment. I always used this in context of us being at one with Christ, but I'm beginning to realize it means being at one with each other. I've mentioned this before, but when we are all united as God's children we are perfect because every weakness is accounted for by another's strength. And the only way to be united is forgiveness...

And forgiveness is the atonement. When we are united as one, that is the atonement.

I love you all. I love that I have these 5 weeks to serve the people in Virginia, and afterwards I get to serve those in Nauvoo.

Lose yourself, talk to everyone, and don't be afraid that you're a burden.


sister pug


P.s. Last night we had dinner with a family who has 7 cats. God's hand is in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment