Friday, April 29, 2016

The universe was made just to be seen by my eyes

April 22, 2016

HELLO EVERYONE!

I'm back in pioneer dresses!  My new companion (Sister Hall) and I

Well, I am back in Nauvoo! Sorry it's been awhile, our pdays get all sorts of crazy here! This week my pday is Friday, but next week (and hopefully all this transfer) my pday will be on Tuesdays! (Also, just a heads up, our new mission president only allows us to email for an hour so...expect shorter emails. And letters will now be the best way to get a hold of me!)
It is soo insane to be back! I feel like Virginia was just a blink, and now here I am. The new sisters we have are AMAZING, and I can already feel how great this summer is going to be. My trainee is Sister Hall, and she is thankfully a sarcastic, understanding, open minded lover of music. I couldn't have asked for a better companion.



We have had quite a busy schedule these past two weeks, mainly training our newbees and getting them familiar with the Visitor's Center and the sites.


Reunited with Sister Lynn!! (MTC companion)
We received an extremely warm welcome from all of the senior missionaries, and have been loving it here! Sister Hall and I taught Sunday school our first Sunday back, and we also had a fireside where all of the outbound sisters had a chance to share their experiences. It was amazing to see the vast amount of change that has taken place in each of us. Our core divinity is the same, and has always been there, but the longer we're on our missions the less 'dirt' there seems to be covering it.
Sorry this is so short, I would like to end with the lyrics to my new favorite song. Lay in bed, get under the covers, and listen to it.




Saturn-Sleeping At Last:
You taught me the courage 
Of stars before you left
How life carries on endlessly
Even after death


With shortness of breath
You explained the infinite
How rare and beautiful it is
To even exist


I couldn't help but ask
To see it all again
I tried to write it down
But I could never find the pen


I'd give anything to hear
Or see you one more time
That the universe was made
Just to be seen by my eyes


I couldn't help but ask
Just to see it all again
I tried to write it down
But I could never find the pen


I'd give anything to hear
Or see you one more time
That the universe was made
Just to be seen by my eyes


With shortness of breath
I'll explain the infinite
How rare and beautiful it truly is
That we exist


I love you all so much! Don't forget it.
-Sister Pugmire


Photos:
-Carthage Jail with Sister Hall!
-Sister Darrington and I totally matched!

No comments:

Post a Comment