Sunday, April 12, 2015

Nauvoo!!!

Well, I'm officially in Nauvoo!! So crazy!

On Tuesday we left at 4:30 AM for a 9:45 flight, in which we had to go on various trains and buses. We finally landed in St. Louis, where we then had to drive three hours to Nauvoo. It was probably one of the most tiring days I've had on the mission so far.

I love it here!


Did you guys watch conference?! We got to watch all of it! It was like Christmas for us because it meant no class and no teaching for TWO WHOLE DAYS!!! SO AMAZING. On the Saturday morning session, Sister Lynn and I brought pillows, of course. I also brought a box of donuts in my pillow case. Did they say no food and no pillows? Yes. But I figure God wants me to be happy, so I did what I needed to do. It was a splendid day.


watching General Conference


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Saying goodbye to the MTC was sweet, saying goodbye to the people in the MTC was bitter. It's crazy how close you can get to people after a short amount of time. On one of the last nights all the Elders in my district gave everyone in the district blessings, and it was such an amazing experience. I will never forget that, and thinking about it makes me miss having Elders so much!
 
3 weeks in the MTC, not enough to erase the crazy!
MTC missionaries in my district

 
 
I swear we are the weirdest missionaries ever
 
 
 In the airport in Salt Lake, the craziest thing happened. A man came up to us and asked if we had a Book of Mormon. He was kind of shaking, and looked distraught. One of us sisters had one, and gave it to him. He started crying, and thanking us. He said he was a recent convert and that he really needed it right now. It was such a crazy experience, and such a reminder to me of how lucky I am to have to truth in my hands anytime I want.


Nauvoo Sisters - I love these girls!
 








 


Nauvoo is great! We don't all live in one big house like I was told, they changed it and now each companionship has a condo! it's so nice because we have sooooo much room.

Shortest to tallest!

My companion is Sister Hinze, and she is amazing! Can I first say she likes A Day to Remember, The Maine, and Sleeping with Sirens? I mean is God real or what? We are very similar and it's so cool to see how the Lord's hand has been working in my life.
 
my cute companion








To be honest, things have been so good. I wake up at 6 AM everyday for exercise and I don't get to listen to Walk the Moon or Pierce the Veil, but things have actually been pretty relaxed since being in Nauvoo. I don't want to use the word easy because that will probably cause something bad to happen, but it really hasn't been as stressful as I thought it would.


modeling



I got to have a Pioneer dress made for me! These crazy old ladies got it all done in less than two days. Normally you wear one that is already made but, you know me, none of them fit me at all. 

And I gave my first tour yesterday! I toured from 9:45-5, and it was awesome! I was able to give about 13 tours, and one of them was to a nonmember family! Way cool! Also, guess who came through?! AMELIA'S FAMILY! That's right, my amazing ex-roommate who I love more than cats. Her and her beautiful family graced my life with their presence and it was glorious to say the least.
 
giving tours at the post office!
Amelia's visit!

Today is Pday (preparation day), obviously, and I finally got to go grocery shopping! I bought so much food, and it makes me so happy. The Walmart here doesn't have any David's Killer Bread, though, and I'm not sure what's going to become of me in these next 18 months. But they do have oreos..., so I think I'll at least be able to survive. Maybe.

To be honest I'm not sure what else to say! Everything is great, and I'm loving it!!

I have a ton of photos, so I'll probably be sending more. I love you all so much! ♥♥

Love,

Sista Pug


Other Stuff:

-We had 9 hours in a classroom training, which was a joy. And during personal study I studied the tour. It wasn't a very difficult one, so once I saw my comp give it it was pretty easy to do!

-There are 30 tour sites! I was in the post office and the Merryweather dry goods store yesterday, and that's what I gave a tour of. We do different ones, and will get to do most of them. 

-I go to the temple later today!!! they tried to make everything in the temple (at least in the exterior) exactly how the pioneers did, which is super cool! And they have the original sunstone from the nauvoo temple. 


cool things I guess


No comments:

Post a Comment