Monday, November 2, 2015

Swiggity swag I wear a tag

 


Marie was baptized!
Yooo!!! This week was great!!


Marie was baptized! Ahh! She is already such a bomb member. She was paying fast offerings before she was even baptized!! Sister Manson said yesterday, "How does God keep sending me all these people who have more faith than I do???" And I have seen that to be so true already. People are awesome.

 
We are still working with Nathalie, and I just love her. She is so open, humble, honest and willing. We also have a new investigator named Cynthia. She's met with missionaries in the past and already knows the Book of Mormon is true, but she won't come to church! We were very bold with her and asked her why she doesn't want to come, but she just shrugged her shoulders and said she was busy. We're starting small and we're hoping she'll come to the church "Trunk or Treat" Halloween party. Her kids were really excited about it so hopefully they will motivate her to go!

We've also been visiting less active members, which has been good! My main focus is to strive to not make these visits seem like something I'm checking off a list. I try to think of it this way: if I am having a get together with friends and one of them doesn't show up, I would call them and ask them why they weren't there and again extend the invitation. I wouldn't need to be asked to do so, but because I love them I would do so without having to think much about it. It should be the same way with church. We should love others enough to notice when they are missing, and to want them to come for the right reasons. I know if I was less active I would be very skeptical about the intentions of those who stop by to invite me back, and I think our intentions define us more clearly than our actions do. It's important to step back and think about if our intentions are rooted in love. If they're not, something needs to change.

I'm trying to think of what else happened this week...it was just a lot of visiting people who weren't home, talking to people who didn't want to talk with us, and smiling regardless.

The majority of the people here in Prince William county are African, and it's awesome!! There are many people here that came from Ghana.

One of the first things Sister Manson said to me when I arrived was, "welcome to Africa!" And now I know what she meant. It's so cool!! I love the diversity here, it's a nice change from Nauvoo and Camas.

Even at church, people have red hair, purple hair, blue and green hair....it's kind of the best thing ever.

Also, my companion is so funny. She has this hilarious dry humor that catches you by surprise. I've started a file on my iPad containing quotes from her. Whenever I do anything weird she either acts like she's talking to someone else and says "she's lost it!" Or she yells "GO BACK TO NAUVOO!!!!!" And it's so funny haha. Here are some other
 
 

quotes:

"You legitimately scare me.....your favorite color's black and you listen to screamo."

"When Puggy's cranky just give her a pumpkin spice shake and screamo music and she'll be fine."

"Stop drawing leaves....let's dip." (She always says 'let's dip' when she wants to leave) "WHY AM I TIRED AND COLD ALL THE TIME???? I'm sad. I need pizza." (We ordered a pizza that night.) "Do these bright envelopes hurt your black little soul?"

As you can tell, she's funny. I'm thankful for humor because it breaks the ice and connects people effortlessly. She makes meeting new people so easy because she is able to laugh with them, and I love that. You truly can't take life too seriously, even as a missionary.

Something crazy awesome about being here in Virginia is that we get fed dinner EVERY NIGHT by the ward members. It's insane!! I have like...no groceries and it's sooo so nice. It's also been an awesome way to get to know everyone. One night one of the ward members said, "you're from Washington....so that means you like art and nirvana."

That made me laugh pretty hard hahaha.

So last pday we went to the National Marine Corp museum and got a special tour from a ward member!! It was really cool, but also depressing. It's crazy when it hits youhow many people die in war.

And not just Americans, but people.

On a happier note, this week we are going to the mall!!!! A real mall!!! It's been 7 months since I've seen one. We even called to make sure they have a hot topic....and THEY DO. As well as forever 21 and H&M. I screamed. Pdays are magic.

Well, that's about all I can think of right now! I love you all so much! 💕

LOVE,
SISTA PUGMIRE ✌🏼



P.s. I can check my emails throughout the week, I just have to wait until Monday to respond. So, hint hint, feel free to send emails throughout the week 😋

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment