Monday, November 9, 2015

AWKO TACO AWK SAUCE

This week was full of small miracles and awkward situations! (Let's be real, when are they not.)



 

Earlier this week we found three new investigators in the same apartment complex! It was crazy! And then a couple days later, in the same area, we tracted into a woman named Nana (from Ghana...it rhymes). As soon as she saw us she invited us in! We explained that we were missionaries for the Mormon church and her eyes got HUGE and she exclaimed, "MORMON? Sit down sit down!!" She was so happy to talk with us! She's currently out of town but we can't wait to see her again!



We have another new investigator named Michelle who was a referral from the Spanish Elders. She is solid!! We've only met with her once because she is out of town, but we are seeing her tomorrow!

Marcus is continuing to progress towards baptism. It's so cool. He has changed so much just in between our last two lessons, it's amazing to watch.

Nathalie returned from Paris and moved!!! We were so sad! She called us and told us that she wanted the address for the church at her new place, and to tell us THAT SHE SHARED THE GOSPEL WITH HER ROOMMATES AND THEY WANT THE LESSONS TOO! Whoever gets to teach them are are the luckiest missionaries in the entire world. I'm just a little bit jealous.

One of the many awkward situations that occurred was during dinner.

Dinners are always a tad awkward at first, but this time it was completely my doing. We were all sitting at the table and the food was being passed around. I see what looks like pizza, cut in triangle pieces in a basket. As it gets closer to my companion I say, "this is perfect, she's been craving pizza all day!" Well, surprise, it wasn't pizza. It was garlic bread. I felt so stupid, especially since this was the first time we had met this family and it was a "high stakes dinner" (as my comp kept calling it) because they were a part member/inactive family. You could have cut the awkward with a knife.

Another awkward situation was provided by my sweet sweet companion. We were both having a crazy off day, and had barely spoken a word. We were door knocking, and nobody was interested. Finally a young girl said she would love to hear more about what we believe and sister Manson just stared at her for a couple seconds and said, "I don't even know what to say." So I had to quickly take over hahahaha. It was so funny. We decided we're both even now (me with the pizza, her with this).

Also, I STILL haven't had anyone tell at me. Sister Manson and I have made it a goal to get yelled at, but it just won't happen. Pray for us.

I think that's pretty much all for this week!!



Missions are sweet, and I'm so glad I'm serving one. There is nothing like watching people give up everything for God, and watching the atonement work. I've seen countenances change, people quit smoking, and sooo many sacrifices made. It's pretty mind blowing.

Scriptures:

Luke 6:27-49

Mark 10:13-27

3 Nephi 11:29-33

Songs:

Sweet Arms of a Tune- Missy Higgins

Burn Pile- Moving Mountains

I love you all more than I know how to say. Keep being rad, love everyone you come in contact with, and always remember to be respectful towards other people's realities.
✌🏼 SISTA PUG



P.s. Here's a quote I love from a book I love written by a guy I love:

"Maybe its like you said before, all of us being cracked open. Like each of us starts out as a watertight vessel. And then things happen - these people leave us, or don’t love us, or don’t get us, or we don’t get them, and we lose and fail and hurt one another. And the vessel starts to crack in places. And I mean, yeah once the vessel cracks open, the end becomes inevitable. Once it starts to rain inside the Osprey, it will never be remodeled. But there is all this time between when the cracks start to open up and when we finally fall apart. And its only that time that we see one another, because we see out of ourselves through our cracks and into others through theirs. When did we see each other face to face? Not until you saw into my cracks and I saw into yours. Before that we were just looking at ideas of each other, like looking at your window shade, but never seeing inside. But once the vessel cracks, the light can get in. The light can get out."

Paper Towns, John Green

No comments:

Post a Comment