Friday, July 31, 2015

BUTMIRE AND THE CASE OF THE BACON WEAVE

WELL HELLO EVERYONE
 
 
BAAACCCCCCOOONNNNNNNNN
LIFE IS A NUTCASE DID YOU KNOW THAT?!

 
 
 
We took this last night on Elder Hanson's phone! hahahaha!!!! Just look at my face on the left half...I think I was blinking while he was taking the panorama.....#whoops
Okay, so PAGEANT HAS STARTED!!!!!!!! DID YOU HEAR THAT? PAGEANT HAS BEGUN! It's crazy. So many people. So much singing. So much crazy-ness. the Nauvoo Pageant is from 8:30-10:30 every other night, and on the other nights we have the British Pageant (at the same time). We greet and post-greet for both of them, and for the British Pageant we are part of the last number. It's, well...nuts. Since I live in Carthage we drive an hour every day just to get there. We don't get home until about 11 or 11:30, so now we don't have to wake up until 7:30 which is nice! But it's also...nuts.
Carthage has become so busy! It's now a normal day if we have a thousand visitors. I literally meet thousands of people each day. It so cool/exhausting/exciting.

My comp, Sister Butler, and I!
You know what everyone? MISSIONS ARE HARD!!! If anyone tells you they're not, they're lying.

You're forced to be with someone at all times, but you feel alone.

Your schedule allows you to get 8 hours of sleep a night, but you're exhausted.

You study for three hours a day, but you feel like you know absolutely nothing.

It's hard. But when you think back to all of the people who have made a difference in this world, all of the people who changed things for the better...their lives were HARD. And that's just the cost. Loving people adds suffering to your life. Living for others causes you to miss out on things...but honestly what would life be without that? What would life be if you didn't feel love for other people? I just can't imagine it, and I would never want it. My thoughts are jumbled. and I'm sure there are much better ways to phrase this concept, but really all I am trying to say is that it's the challenging things that are worth it. Missions are challenging, but they are worth it. Love brings suffering, but it is worth it.
 
some photos of all 20 of us sisters :) Sorry I'm so awkwardly standing far away??? hahaha

With the recent Supreme Court decision, love has been on my mind quite a bit. I've come to the conclusion that it is an obligation to love EVERYONE before it is an obligation to do ANYTHING ELSE. Nothing else comes before that. Nothing. I won't go into any political opinions, heh heh, but I would like to say this:

How many commandments are you willing to break in order to tell others that they are breaking commandments?

As a church, we do not want the beliefs and opinions of others to affect the way we live...yet we ask that our beliefs affect the way others live. Why?

Just something to think about, and something that's been on my mind lately.
OKAY ENOUGH OF THAT.

Would anyone like to know what in the heck my email subject is referring to?
Sister Butler and I made "couple" names for all of the companionship. Ours is either Butmire or Puggler. I love both of them. Hahaha. And now the Bacon weave....to start off our companionship we weaved bacon together, put brown sugar on it, drenched it in Dr. Pepper, and cooked it in the oven. it was probably the most delicious thing that I have had in my entire existence.



ALSO: this week that janitor, Billie, made us all dinner!!!!!! She is a nonmember, and she is soooo sweet! She made all the carthage Sisters Dinner...meat loaf, mac and cheese, rolls, potatoes...the whole shabang. It was soooo cool. Sister Heninger invited her and her boyfriend to church and they said...YES!!!! We are all literally so excited!!!!!
 
Billies puppy :)
Also something insanely exciting is happening this week...I can't tell you yet...but you'll find out next week. :))) I'M KIND OF SO EXCITED. I WISH I COULD TELL EVERYONE. KSAJFHJKDHJLG
Anyways. I gotta goooo, but I love you all ♥ Thank you for the emails and kind words. have an amazing week! Do something spontaneous for me!
 
Love,
Sister Pugmire
 
Forgot to send songs of the week....  Here they are:
What is love cover- Jaymes Young (might be a repeat...not sure)
Don't Go Home Without Me-LIGHTS
And all of Keaton Henson's instrumental album.




No comments:

Post a Comment